Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Creamy Baked Ziti

 

This is such a delicious dish, it’s a fun twist on an old favorite.  The addition of cream cheese and sour cream give this dish extra depth and zest.  Spinach adds earthy texture and smoked paprika throws it right over the edge!

Scroll through my pics for a quick visual tutorial…then print out my handy dandy recipe below.

Printable Recipe -----> HERE.

Get your noodles boiling and start your sauce…

IMG_5799

Meat Sauce before adding all the creamy yumness!

IMG_5797

Creamy deliciousness!  Sour Cream, Cream Cheese and Spinach…

IMG_5793

After all that creamy goodness has been mixed in, the sauce becomes a thick lighter colored sauce…oh so good!

IMG_5801

Stir your noodles into the sauce until you achieve the right “consistency”…don’t put in TOO many noodles, or it’ll be sauce-less ziti. :( 

Save any unused noodles for tomorrows lunch. :)

   IMG_5208  

Begin layering… noodle/sauce mixture…

IMG_5805

Then CHEESE!  Oh, I love cheese…I’m pretty sure I used WAY too much here… but you go ahead and do what feels right for you. :)

IMG_5806

I am not the only one in this house who loves cheese… she is my constant kitchen companion. :)

IMG_5807

All layered up and ready to be covered and baked… (P.S. – yes, those are peanut butter cookies… they were good too)

IMG_5808

Out of the oven and “setting up”.  Oh, dinner… delightful, creamy, noodly, saucy dinner. :)  yum!

IMG_5817

1 comment:

Shannon @ Of The Hearth said...

I bet the cream cheese makes it really rich and creamy. I love the addition of spinach for some extra nutrients.

Related Posts with Thumbnails