Sunday, October 2, 2011

Best Pizza Sauce

P9290085

I like to make my own pizza sauce.  I’ve tried all sorts of different avenues, and in a pinch, I’ll still grab leftover spaghetti sauce if I have to.  However, time and time again, I’ve found the best taste comes from a perfectly EASY homemade pizza sauce.

There are no measurements, so here it is…your moment to be uber creative!

What I use (feel free to substitute as needed)

Tomato sauce

Tomato Paste

Red Wine

Olive Oil

Garlic Powder

Dried Oregano

Dried Basil

Kosher Salt

Fresh Ground Pepper

Your main ingredient, of course, is tomato sauce…I bet you thought I was going to say red wine…not so. Winking smile

I use about an 8 oz tupperware container for this.  Fill it about half full with tomato sauce.  Add a large dollop of tomato paste, maybe 2 tbsp. (we want thick, spreadable sauce).  Now add a nice drizzle or two or three of red wine… this really is the flavor kicker, so I wouldn’t leave this out!

Drizzle in about 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil.  Add a dash or two of garlic powder, basil, oregano and just a pinch of Kosher salt, and a good grinding of fresh black pepper.  Now stir it up.  Taste it.  Add more of stuff you like if needed.

Now spread that (not too thickly) on a lovely homemade pizza crust and make a fantastic pizza creation!

P9290086

This one is waiting to be topped with grilled chicken, sliced bell pepper, sliced sweet yellow onion, mozzerella, Asiago and a good swirling of homemade sweet BBQ sauce…I am not sure what is better than BBQ Chicken Pizza!  Yum!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails