Saturday, March 30, 2019

Best Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust

This pizza is easily my favorite low carb pizza.  I know fathead dough is very popular, and I do like it, but I also feel kind of "heavy" when I eat those cheese based breads.  



This one doesn't make me feel that way, I feels so clean and tastes amazing.  

If you follow the instructions to a "T" you'll get a nice crust, not soggy at all.  It's sturdy enough, but don't expect it to be hard and crispy like "normal" pizza crust...because it's cauliflower...so there's that. ;)
Here is the link to the printable... CLICK HERE.  Scroll all the way the bottom and hit print page. ;)

FAQ:

1.  Can I sub something for that goat cheese?  YES!  You can sub cream cheese here.

2.  Do I have to use Nutritional Yeast Flakes?  No!  :)  It'll be tasty and yummy without it, but it does add a nice cheesy/yeasty taste in my opinion....besides, did you know that nutritional yeast flakes are super good for you?  That's right, they are high in protein, B vitamins and trace minerals.

3.... do you have a question?  Feel free to ask! 

Here are pictures with captions, because everyone likes those...ha ha!

This is "half" the recipe.  I like to make two crusts, one to freeze for later, one for now.  This size crust will kind of stuff you once it's topped, so I think a "normal" serving would be 1/2 - 3/4ths of this. ;)







I like to prepare the crust on a parchment paper lined flat baking sheet then slide that onto the HOT preheated stone.  When I take it out of the oven to put the toppings on, I leave it ON the hot stone, so it is still kind of crisping up as I top it.

You can see how nice and sturdy it is (the full size round pizza will probably not hold up as well to being picked up like this!).  The bottom is nicely browned.

Just another photos to show the color you are looking for when it's "ready". :)

Just out of the oven and ready to be sliced.  I sliced this one into 4's.  My toppings here are:  Homeade sauce, mozzerella, parmesan, black olives, yellow bell pepper, onion, pepperoni, and fresh basil.  Add anything though!  Go wild. ;)
  
Notice it's a thin crust, if you go thicker than this it will not set nicely and it will become more soft.  I like to make these "crust" type edges though!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails