Friday, June 12, 2009

Best Dark Chocolate N' Coconut Brownies Ever!

This recipe is featured by Lisa at Stop_and_Smell_the_Chocolates, where I was asked to "help" guest vlog with my best friend Kim. The recipe itself came about when I took my absolute favorite brownie recipe and got together with my best friend Kim one day...we decided to "tweak" (one of our favorite things to do). This is what we ended up with and it's definitely a keeper!!!!


1/2 cup REAL butter - softened to room temp (sit on counter 30 mins)
3/4 cup organic sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 eggs (room temp)
1/2 cup Whole White Wheat Flour (King Arthur)
1/3 Cup Hershey's Special DARK Cocoa
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 cup Shredded Sweetened Coconut
1/2 cup Sliced Almonds
Chocolate Chips (optional)


Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 9x9 pan (optional, use mini-muffin tins for "brownie bites"). Beat butter, sugar and vanilla with whisk in med bowl. Ad eggs; beat until well blended and fluffy. In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, coconut and nuts. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir with wooden spoon until just combined. Spread evenly into pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips if you dare... :)


Bake 20-25 minutes (15-18 minutes for mini's) or until the test done (melted chocolate chips will deceive you, so be careful). Cool completely in pan on wire rack, OR do like I do and burn your mouth trying to eat them still hot!!!! :) :) Enjoy! I know you will. :)

Blessings and happy cooking!

3 comments:

Tina❀ said...

Yumm-O! Love brownies. These are not only yummy looking but cute too!
Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm gonna go search through your recipes.
You have a great blog.

Unknown said...

You guys did a great job on these - yum!! Hey, did you mean to link this on my blog rather than to your homepage?

Aisling said...

I've never tried chocolate and coconut together in muffins. Might have to give this one a go.

Related Posts with Thumbnails