Monday, October 22, 2012

Gluten Free Carrot Cake Muffins

Two of my sisters, and a Sister-in-law are heading up to Atlanta this week to have some girly fun at the Country Living Fair at Stone Mountain Park.

Since I don’t get to see my sweet Sister Debbie very often, and since her absolute favorite treat is Carrot Cake, I decided to make these carrot cake muffins to bring along for snacking.

IMG_0750

Both Debbie and have made quite a few changes in regards to our eating habits since I last saw her and baked her a carrot cake.  That one wasn’t too bad, but it did contain some ingredients I don’t normally use these days.

While I am not a “gluten free” eater, I do enjoy using oat and brown rice flours when I bake.  They are a great alternative to white flour, full of healthy whole grain, yet much lighter than a wheat flour.

In addition, they contain healthful coconut sugar, pineapple, unsweetened coconut, applesauce and carrot…it’s practically a salad in a muffin cup!

IMG_0756

The muffins are super moist, and so delightfully delicious!  These will need to be wrapped well and frozen so they will have that “fresh baked” taste and feel when we arrive in Atlanta. Smile

Have a beautiful day… and bake a muffin! Winking smile

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails