Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Taco Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing

If you are following the THM eating style, this meal is an "S"


This was so good... all through dinner all I could say was Yum, Yum, and YUM!  ;)

Taco Meat:

1 lb. Ground Beef (I use grass fed and/or organic)
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 sweet yellow onion, chopped
1-2 minced garlic cloves
Juice of one fresh lime
Tamari Sauce (to taste) (I use the organic, and I like to use both the regular as well as low sodium and do a 50/50 mix)
Texas Pete (to taste)
1-2 Tbsp Chili Powder (your heat preference)

Heat oil over med heat, add beef, onion and garlic.  Begin to brown, squeeze juice of lime over beef mixture. Continue to cook and crumble until completely browned.  Sprinkle with chili powder and add a few splashes of both Tamari and Texas Pete.  Actually, you want to add plenty of both. ;)

Let this mixtures simmer while you prepare a beautiful salad.  I used: Romaine, Spinach, red bell pepper, shredded purple cabbage, thin sliced red onion... you could also add black olives,cucumber, use your creativity here! 

Dressing:  I used this recipe from The Garden Grazer.  I double the recipe, but I used 1/2 an avocado AND 1/2 C. yogurt and doubled the remaining ingredients...EXCEPT the oil, I added 1/4 water instead of another 1/4 oil.  Add a pinch of preferred sweetener.

Spread salad on plate, drizzle on creamy dressing, top with taco meat, sprinkle with cheese... prepare to say YUM!!! :)





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails