Thursday, June 24, 2010

Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Vinagrette


I recently read that "They" say that fresh spinach is more readily absorbed by your body when it's paired with a healthy fat, such as Avocado...that made me happy, because I LOVE avocado on a salad!

I was craving just that combination tonight, but needed something more...BACON!  Oh yum....who doesn't LOVE the smell of bacon cooking?  Besides vegetarians and,...well, pigs I suppose....hmmm.

Of course, with it being summer, I needed to add in a splash of summer color and taste...Stawberries!

Ingredients (amounts vary according to your taste)...

Fresh spinach leaves, washed and gently dried
Sliced avocado
Sliced purple onion
Cherry or grape tomatoes quartered (I used orange cherry tomatoes from my garden)
1-2 Strawberries thinly sliced
Plain crumbled Feta

Dressing:
1 slice Bacon, cured naturally with no nitrates or nitrites (just my 2 cents there)
Newmans Own brand Light Balsamic Vinagrette

Toss all your Veggies together and arrange beautifully on a plate.  Chop uncooked bacon into pieces, then fry in a small saute pan until good and browned.  Remove bacon from grease and place in a tiny dish, drizzle dressing over bacon and swirl to warm slightly.  Pour dressing over salad...ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

Angel said...

Sounds yummy!! I love eating salad, especially in the summer.

Love and Blessings

Related Posts with Thumbnails