Monday, April 2, 2012

Quinoa Shaw - A meatless taco option

I've been experimenting with Quinoa lately.  In an effort to make our grocery dollars stretch I have been trying to think of ways to incorporate this tasty, filling and versatile seed into the foods that we normally enjoy.

Quite some time ago, I posted this recipe for Shaw Tacos, which has long been a favorite in our house.  The other night I decided to make a meatless version of this dish using some Quinoa and brown rice that I had cooked a couple of days earlier.

Here is the easy printable recipe Quinoa Shaw.  You know you want to say that a few times out loud... lol

I did not take my usual "photos along the way" while making this recipe, so I shall leave you with this photo...




The absolute best way to serve this would be in a Maseca Tortilla, but the next best (and easier choice) is in taco shells.  The following day for lunch I threw it on a spinach salad and topped with chopped avocado...Yum! :) 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails