Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Scrumptious Sautéed Green Beans n’ Bacon

These were so absolutely scrumptiously delicious…but then again, what has bacon in it and isn’t?
IMG_8294
The taste was SO good that during dinner, hubby and I began to concoct many ways in which to use this dish…stay tuned for some sort of grilled chicken/green bean/bacon/golden onion/cheesy au gratin potato type of shepherds pie thingy…I’m pretty sure that’s gonna have to be made with this. Smile
It all started when I headed out to the veggie patch yesterday morning and found all these gorgeous, beautiful green beans…I knew they would be on my dinner plate that night!
IMG_8267
After washing, trimming off ends and cutting to 2 inch lengths, I was ready to get started.
**For the easy smeasy printable recipe go HERE. Smile
IMG_8278
Toss your chopped bacon into the hot skillet and cook until nicely browned.  Stir the whole time so you don’t get any burnt pieces…bad bad…bad.
IMG_8280
Remove the bacon from the pan, but leave in a nice thin layer of the bacon grease…of if you want to be over the top…just leave it all in. Smile
IMG_8281
Toss your chopped onion into the pan and sprinkle with a tiny pinch of sugar (I used coconut sugar, but white sugar will work fine).  Sautee over med heat until golden (10-15 mins)
IMG_8276
Add the green beans, a pinch of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, and stir it a bit to mix with the onions and juices. 
Cover the pan with a snug fitting lid.  Stir occasionally and let cook, covered, over med heat for about 10 minutes.
IMG_8282
Toss in the cooked bacon, stir well to incorporate all flavors and remove from heat…serve with whatever…I chose spicy grilled chicken….it was incredible!
IMG_8287
In the middle of dinner, hubby said to me…”get a little piece of chicken on your fork, 2 green beans, a piece of bacon and some onion….it’s SO good”. Smile 
I love that kind of effect with food!  Enjoy!
IMG_8294

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails