Friday, May 23, 2014

Cinnamon Swirl Brioche

I've been searching for a good Brioche recipe, as I have this dream about making the best French Toast in world...someday. :)  When I found this cinnamon swirl recipe I knew I HAD to make french toast with it... however, it came out of the oven this morning and the small loaf is almost gone... not sure if there will be any left in 2 days for French Toast!!  It's THAT good.



The recipe I found online was said to be adapted from "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day" as well as "Cook's Illustrated".  I, in turn, adapted it myself.  My apologies to the person who I got this from, as I cannot find the link to her page...but when I do I will update this post.  

I adapted this recipe to use my "caught yeast sourdough starter".  You can do the same, or just use yeast as called for.  I'll share both methods in this post.

NOTE:  Why do I prefer sourdough?  Go HERE to find out.

Brioche is known to be FULL of butter, I changed this up a bit, by substituting half the butter with coconut oil.  A healthier option.  I also switched out some of the flour for White Whole Wheat flour, but you can skip that if you'd prefer an all white bread.

Both methods can be found in theses links: Sourdough Recipe OR Traditional Yeast Recipe


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails